The Bankers Hill Business Group held its monthly meeting on Thursday, February 27, 2020, at Willis Allen Real Estate located at 2875 Fifth Avenue. Realtor Joshua Polanco hosted the event. Over 30 members of the Bankers Hill business community were in attendance.
Among topics discussed was the upcoming Banker Hill Arts & Craft Beer Festival, which will be held on March 27th, from 6:00-9:00 p.m. in the Abbey.
Thursday, February 27th @ 5-7PM
Join the Bankers Hill Business Group on Thursday, February 27 from 5 to 7pm to prepare for this year’s Bankers Hill Art & Craft Beer Festival!
This month’s meeting is hosted by Josh Polanco at Willis Allen Real Estate, who can help you find the right home in the right neighborhood at the right price.
As always, drinks and appetizers will be served…
Willis Allen Real Estate – Metro Office
2875 Fifth Ave
San Diego, CA 92101Please RSVP to email@example.com
The Metro San Diego Community Development Corporation met on February 10, 2020. The following items were discussed:
1. Susan Briggs made a presentation regarding the 8th Annual San Diego Half Marathon and Padres 5K Run, which will be held on March 15, 2020. The Metro San Diego CDC Board/Charter Committee unanimously voted to write a letter of support for the event;
2. Jake Sutton, the President of the Bankers Hill Business Group, provided an update about the upcoming Bankers Hill Arts & Craft Beer Festival, which will be held at The Abbey, at 2825 Fifth Avenue, on March 27, 2020. The annual Bankers Hill Arts & Craft Beer Festival is one of Bankers Hill’s signature events;
3. Concerns were raised regarding the increase in criminal activity in Bankers Hill and Five Points/Middletown. There has been an increase in vandalism and problems with homeless transients, which has created public safety concerns. Several attendees reported incidents of transients trespassing onto residential property, and attempts to gain access into residential units. Tyler Burch, representing the Third City Council District, emphasized the importance of reporting all criminal incidents, as the amount of criminal activity in a neighborhood is a factor in determining the amount of police resources assigned to it.
4. There was a discussion of Balboa Park issues; and concerns were raised about the new pre-fabricated restrooms which would be installed in Balboa Park adjacent to Sixth Avenue, at the intersections with Nutmeg Street and Thorn Street. They will be replacing existing restrooms (“comfort stations”) at each location, which are now closed. When the two restrooms were open, they were occupied at night by transients, who abused and often sold narcotics. The police were frequently called to these locations. When restrooms are again opened at these sites, it was suggested they be locked at night, which once was done in the past.
5. Further discussion took pace regarding establishing a maintenance assessment district along the eastern commercial corridor of Bankers Hills. The Metro San Diego CDC Board of Directors approved the creation of the property owner formation committee for the proposed MAD, and appointed 11 property owners members, and one ex officio member, as the initial membership of the formation committee. San Diego CDC will discuss proposed boundaries of the proposed MAD at its March 16, 2020 meeting.
The Metro San Diego Community Development Corporation will meet on Monday, February 10, 2020, from 4:00-5:30 p.m., in the 10th Floor Conference Room of the Manchester Financial Center, located at 2550 Fifth Avenue.
January 28 @ 5-7PM
Join the Bankers Hill Business Group on Tuesday, January 28 from 5 to 7 p.m. to learn about this year’s Bankers Hill Art & Craft Beer Festival!
This month’s meeting is hosted at Avante Garde Travel, a boutique travel planning company specializing in custom vacation planning, river and ocean cruising, escorted tours and luxury hotels.
As always, drinks and appetizers will be served…santé!
Avant Garde Travel
2399 Fifth Ave
San Diego, CA 92101
Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Bankers Hill Business Group held its monthly business mixer at Wild Honey Salons at 2870 Fifth Avenue, Suite 101. It is one of San Diego’s premier salons for haircuts, highlighting, coloring and styling. The salon has a beautiful decor, and is located in a historic 1908 building that once housed San Diego Fire Station No. 3.
The Metro San Diego Community Development Corporation will meet on Monday, October 28th, at 4:00 p.m., in the 10th floor conference room of the Manchester Financial Center, located at 2550 Fifth Avenue.
The Bankers Hill Business Group had its September meeting at Pure Project Balboa Park, at 2865 Fifth Avenue. Pure Project is a tasting room for a small batch, ingredient-centric craft brewery and has some of the best tasting beer that you will ever experience.
About 30 were in attendance at the meeting, including business owners from throughout Bankers Hill. The below is a picture of Jake Sutton, Administrator of the Bankers Hill Business Group; Gerrie Trussel, Executive Director of the Uptown Community Parking District; and City Council Representative Tyler Burch, from Third District City Councilmember Chris Ward’s office.