Metro San Diego CDC Meeting on Monday, October 16, 2017, 4:00-5:00 p.m.
Just a reminder of the Metro San Diego CDC Board/Charter Committee will meet tomorrow, Monday, October 16th, from 4:00-5:00 p.m. The location will be the St. Paul’s Manor “Cafe Room” located at 328 Maple Street. There is a buzzer at the door to press for entry.
Among items on the agenda:
- Gerrie Trussel, the director of the Uptown Parking District, will be present to discuss the proposal to relocate 14 DecoBike bike share stations from the beach area to Uptown. It would result in the loss of 10 parking spaces, and placement of 13 advertising panels — two of which be on the east side of Sixth Avenue along Balboa Park. Pasted below is the link to a recent San Diego UT article regarding the proposal;
- Bob Daniel, chair of the Western Slope Community Association, will provide an update regarding the “Quiet Zone” proposal moving forward for the railroad track along the western border of Uptown. The proposed Quiet Zone would limit the amount of horn noise a train could make while traveling along this rail corridor;
- Jake Sutton, the director of the Bankers Hill Business Group, will discuss the Bankers Hill Fall Festival that will take place on Saturday, October 21, 2017, from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. along 5th and 4th Avenues in Bankers Hill;
- Leo Wilson will provide an update regarding the Olive Street Park, AIDS Memorial, and the proposed Uptown/Hillcrest Parking Garage;
- The Waldo E. Waterman Park, at 250 West Maple Street, will be formally dedicated on Wednesday, October 25th, between 10:30 and 11:00 a.m.
Metro San Diego CDC